Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Little prince on the way...

Happy Hump Day! It is mid-day, mid week, things are looking up to the weekend! Quick project featuring Winnie and Walter today!

One of my friends is expecting and she found out last week she is having a boy! 


The main image is from the new Winnie and Walter Big Hugs stamp set which I picked up at Butterfly Reflections Ink. I am in love with the fun critters in that set and felt that the elephant with the little monkey was perfect for a baby card :)  I stamped my image with Old Paper Distress Ink on Tim Holtz Watercolor card stock for some no-line watercoloring.  I then used Hickory Smoke, Pumice Stone and Frayed Burlap Distress inks for the bulk of the image and some Picked Raspberry for the cheeks and ears.  I don't know about you, but I have invested so much in watercolor paints and mediums but for some reason I keep going back to Distress Inks!

I die cut my pattern paper card stock from the Mama Elephant Madison Avenue large frame. The background paper is from the New Lawn Fawn Watercolour 6x6 pack and the gingham I have had in my stash for a long time (not sure about the manufacturer). I then die cut some Lawn Fawn Stitched Clouds and also used their Grassy Border dies.  The sentiment is also from an older Lawn Fawn set - Hello Baby as is the crown on the monkey.

I put all the elements together and used a mix of Pretty Pink Posh sequins to top off my project.

Thanks for taking the time!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment