Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Waffle Flower Treasure!

Happy hump day! I needed a boy birthday card for one of my nephews and I thought this Tiger and Lily set by Waffle Flower was perfect! I believe this set has been out for about a year, but I was finally able to get my hands on it through Butterfly Reflections Ink!


I die cut two bases of Neena Solar White card stock and one out of Tim Holtz watercolour paper using the second largest Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle. One for my base, one for my "sand" and the watercolour is for my waves.  

I stamped my images on Neena Solar White to be able to Copic color them.  I used the accompanying Tiger and Lily dies then added some dot detail and white gell pen for highlights.  For my card base I die cut some Lawn Fawn clouds out of full sticky post it notes for masking and used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink for the sky.  I used the "wave" die from the Tiger and Lily set on watercolour card stock and used Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks and spritzed them with my Distress Sprayer for a water droplet effect. 

For the sand, I used a Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border and added Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks and the accompanying markers for detail.

I then put the card together and topped it all off with sequins by Tailored Expressions!

Thanks for taking the time!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment