Sunday, January 1, 2017

Quiet New Years Day with Avery Elle

Nice quiet New Years Sunday :) Spending the day with my husband and pets, quit nice really after the hustle and bustle of the last week! I am playing with some new sets that I ordered before Christmas. Must say it's fun to work on different projects.


I love Puffins, they are the sweetest birds, I was lucky enough to see some on a trip to Newfoundland.   thought sending love and hugs on New Years was appropriate!  I used Distress inks on Neena Solar White if you use a light hand the blending is beautiful! For the sand, I used a mix of Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs and Ground Espresso then added some white gel pen dots for texture. For my water, I used some PostIt tape and a mix of Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon. My sky is a mix of Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet.  I then used the puffins, seagulls and rocks from Avery Elle's Love Puffin set and I coloured the puffins with Copics.  I also used the tree stump from Wood You? And finished it off with he Avery Elle Hugs die and the smaller sentiment is from the accompanying Simply Said Hugs stamp set and, of course, Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

Hope you all have a great New Years Day :)
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment